My photo
We all have a story to tell. Some speak louder than others. Listen closely to hear the stories of our ancestors echoing under our footsteps. They are the authors. We are the keepers.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Herstoryan's Hearth: I Love Lucy "Pioneer Woman" (1952)



Growing up, Lucy and Ethel might as well been part of our family. My mother LOVED watching I Love Lucy. She laughed and she laughed and she cried and she laughed - and my sister and I laughed with her. The thing about laughter is that even when you recall it in a memory you can still feel all the happiness and joy of the moment. Here's a little piece of my childhood; I hope you enjoy it!  


In an episode called "Pioneer Woman" Lucy and Ethel make bread and butter! 









7 comments:

  1. That is a great episode! One of my favorite shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is the 50th anniversary of the end of I Love Lucy, by the way. (Just a little plug for my post; I do mention "Pioneer Women")......
    http://www.ourgrandmotherskitchens.com/?p=6814

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite shows. I never get tired of watching I Love Lucy. It's such a shame that Lucy and Desi created the perfect marriage on television, but weren't able to sustain it in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lucy was so much a part of my life too...I think I have seen each and every episode. I have collected I love Lucy mementos for many years. Lucy brought so much laughter into my life when I needed it most! Thank you so much for reminding me that I need to take the time to watch her episodes again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lucy, too!
    I passed along the Ancestor Approved Award to you. Stop by and pick it up.
    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/2010/04/ancestor-approved-award.html

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "Back to the Homeplace"
    http://thehomeplaceseries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the laugh. Growing up, I couldn't get enough of I Love Lucy.

    ReplyDelete